Monday, November 21, 2011

Meeting Samuel - Renee

Meeting Samuel~

We headed down to the lobby to meet Samuel.  When we got there the orphanage director, one of the orphanage nannies, and their driver were sitting down.    I went to say hello to them and they motioned that Samuel was sitting in the chair.  He was so sweet!   He looked up at me and said “Mama.”  He let me pick him up and he just held on to my neck.  It was so precious.  I had been worried he would be scared and crying and the children have been praying for months that God would prepare Samuel’s heart for this time of transition.  He certainly answered their prayers in a big way.

  After a few minutes and some paperwork they asked us to take a family picture.  We thought they meant snap a photo, but what they really meant was to walk a few blocks to a photo place for a professional picture for our paperwork.  We suddenly found ourselves out in the night walking amongst the masses and dodging cars and motorbikes to get to the photo shop.   Samuel was clinging on to me and laughing and singing the whole way.   
After an hour we were back at the hotel for more paperwork, and then we said our goodnights.  We would meet everyone first thing in the morning to head to civil affairs for the official adoption.
We brought Samuel upstairs and he started to sniffle.  He wanted to cry so badly, but was trying to be so brave.  I gave him two little matchbox cars and that made him smile.  Then I filled the bath.  I wasn’t sure what he would think of it, but he LOVED it.  I made bubbles and he splashed around with his cars and was just giggling.
Poor Jim was out asleep by then.  He has been sick with a virus and it is tough enough to be sick, but when you are travelling it’s pretty brutal.
After Samuel was in his jammies we brushed teeth and lay down.  Sweet little guy slept all night with a match box car tightly in each hand.  

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool to stay updated and also hear Jim's opinion through it, too. I am so happy to see that Samuel hung tight to you & his matchbox cars. Jim, I'll be praying for your virus. I'm following you all on Google earth so I can have a clue as to where you are.
    Prayers & Blessings,
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh!! So, so sweet!! What a brave little man!! I am so happy for you all. Hope Jim feels better soon ~ the smoke etc is hard on his allergies, I know. I love you so much and am so relieved that all is going so well...God is good...all the time!! XOXO!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you~~
    We are praying for you~~
    We have explained to Jesse 59 times why the Swandas can't go to China AND Georgia in the same Holiday Season~~
    We are so blessed by your obedience...thank you for keeping the faith and living it out.

    ReplyDelete