Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 11






OK, I kind of cheated on Day 10…That day was similar to this day in that we explored the market places again.  Since we do not have anything to do until Wednesday, we have to kill time.  There are the scorpions, turtles, cats, and dogs.  I don’t know which animal is for what, but I think they could be combinations of pets and dinner.   Have also seen animal horns, tiger claws, miscellaneous animal body parts, etc.  We also took a cab to an electronics market which had hundreds of places that all sold the same things.  Some were fake items, and others you could find ok deals if you wanted to.   We walked back to the hotel which is about 3 miles.  It was an adventure just doing that and crossing the streets.  Since Renee’s first incident of being almost run down by the man on the bike, she has gotten a little better, but not by much.  You have to play chicken with the cars, and it seems that the chickens win when you do it right.
We had to eat at safe places like KFC, Pizza Hut, and Pappa Johns since we knew what we should expect.  No real surprises here, but we are definitely over the oily food that everyone has.  The smell of oily fried meat is getting real old.  We again toughed out the main outdoor market and bought a few small things and it is interesting to see how things worked.  Most places expect you to bargain but I am not trying to get something for one dollar instead of paying two.  This day was similar to yesterday so there is more to see in the pictures than I could say.  There are just so many people….

No comments:

Post a Comment