Friday, November 18, 2011





Last night we were so blessed to help World Vision at the Casting Crowns concert.  We had no idea when we were contacted months ago about his that we would be travelling to China the next day.

It was God's perfect timing.  I was so blessed to see the kids working so hard to help children get sponsors so they would have food, shelter, education, and most of all learn about the love of Jesus.  It was also a testimony to the work of God.  When Eben first came home from Ghana he would dive under the table and hide if we even talked to him.  Seeing him last night speaking to tons of people about children in need and working tirelessly to help children get sponsors all I could think was truly only God could do such a mighty work.  He takes the broken and makes them whole.  He restores the years the locusts have eaten.

Mark Hall, the lead singer of Casting Crowns and his wife have adopted a little girl from China with a heart condition.  It was a blessing to hear him share how God taught him not to be anxious through the process.  God is not anxious.  He is in control and we need to rest and trust in Him.

Our prayer for Samuel has been for his heart.  His literal heart and it's condition, and his spiritual heart.  We have prayed that God would prepare Him to be our son.  Having been through this with five other children, we know what a leap of faith it is for these precious children to learn to trust and love.  People tell us we are so brave to adopt, but we aren't.  It's these children who are brave.  They are the ones who step out into faith to love and trust after the pain and trauma they have suffered.







We are so excited to meet our new son.  In a few hours we will begin our journey by heading to Detroit and then from Detroit to Beijing.

It will be hard to say goodbye to the kiddies.  We know they are in good hands, we will just miss them so much.  They are such a blessing.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how through love, the wounded become whole. I am so proud of you, Jim and the kiddos for being such a loving family to always be reaching out to others. It is such an honor to be your Mom ~ sorry to have missed your call from Detroit. I was having dinner with a friend and didn't want to be rude and bring a phone into the restaurant ~ now I wish I had been rude ~ love ya, travel safely!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, I woke straight up out of bed this morning at 2:30am. Could not even get tired until 4:30. When that happens, I know to start praying. All I could think of was you, having a morning over there in China.
    I'm so glad you found that song by Casting Crowns. I think if Samuel every single time I hear it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete